The look is here and it’s the perfect answer to long hair, looking good and yet relaxed this summer. Ideal for festivals as it keeps your hair off your face while still looking trendy.
1. Wash your hair, it’s easier to do the central pencil plait when your hair is wet.
2. Put two partings about 3cm (one inch) apart on the top of your head. They should extend right down to the hairline so that all your locks are left, centre or right camp. No stragglers!
3. Use clips to keep the left and right parts under control, it stops them getting caught up in the centre plait.
4. Plait the centre section of hair, pulling in strands all the way down to the nape of the neck. A helper will need to stand right above you to do this unless you are a genius.
6. Now loosely braid the hair on either side, tying up the ends with ribbons in bows. Gather the centre plait into one of the two larger braids as you do so.