How to Make Liver and Bacon with Rough Potato Mash
It’s so easy and quick…here’s what you will need:
- 500 g of lambs liver
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 rashers of back bacon
- Tomato puree – half a tube (3 tbsp)
- Lemon juice
- 3/4 pint gravy made with Oxo gravy granules (beef or lamb) and potato water see below
For the rough mash:
- Boiled New potatoes – save the boiling water to make the liver and onion gravy
- Start the potatoes by boiling them.
- Roll the large chunks of liver in flour, salt and pepper and lightly fry for minute or two to seal in flavour.
- Remove liver from pan, saving juice in pan.
- Slice the liver thinly, then add sliced liver to a separate bowl containing the lemon juice, tomato puree, salt and pepper.
- Trim the bacon and add to the bowl.
- Give it all a really good stir in the bowl.
- Return all ingredients to the frying pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the potatoes and use the water to make the gravy.
- Add the gravy to the liver pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Mash potatoes with butter and milk.
- Serve immediately.